Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. 1MDB says it still has RM32.3 billion of outstanding debt, and that a special taskforce has been set up by MoF to help recover its assets.
2. The High Court fixes May 20 to hear Datuk Seri Najib Razak's application to seek bank documents of firms controlled by Tan Sri Zeti Akhtar Aziz’s family and Jho Low.
3. Maybank is contesting a government forfeiture suit against Datuk Seri Abdul Azeez Abdul Rahim’s family.
4. The Malaysian Automotive Association says it has not planned to apply for an extension of the sales tax exemption.
5. The World Bank trims its gross domestic product growth projection for Malaysia to 6% in 2021 from 6.7% earlier.