Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Finance Minister Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Abdul Aziz says the government’s decision to not fully shut down the economy helped to prevent adverse effects.
2. Datuk Mohd Nazifuddin Najib, the son of former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak, has reportedly been served a bankruptcy notice.
3. Retailers and mall operators are crying foul over the government’s AI driven Covid-19 predictive system.
4. Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Bhd’s net profit for 1QFY21 fell 9% as MCO 2.0 impacted sales.
5. Sarawak Consolidated Industries Bhd’s unit has bagged a contract to build affordable housing.