Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin says the National Security Council has agreed to tighten MCO 3.0 with additional economic and social restrictions.
2. The prosecution in Tan Sri Muhammad Shafee Abdullah's money laundering trial says the lawyer has not been consistent on why he received RM9.5 million from Datuk Seri Najib Razak.
3. Malaysia’s inflation, as measured by the consumer price index (CPI), rises 4.7% year-on-year in April, its quickest pace since 2018.
4. IOI Corp says 3QFY21 net profit surged to RM401.3 million from RM100,000 in the corresponding quarter last year.
5. Pharmaniaga books a 3.3% increase in 1QFY21 earnings on the back of lower finance cost, and declares a four sen dividend.