Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Think tank IDEAS says the National Recovery Plan needs more substance, and that SOPs must be transparent and accurate or risk leaving Malaysia in lockdown mode for years to come.
2. Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin says PIKAS will help control the spread of Covid-19 in the manufacturing sector.
3. Proton Holdings sells 669 units to overseas distributors last month, making it the group’s best export sales month since March 2013 — a span of 98 months.
4. Property-to-medical group Sunway is reportedly planning to apply for a digital banking licence to be issued by Bank Negara Malaysia.
5. Oil giant Petronas and Indonesian counterpart Pertamina are said to be on a watchlist for removal from JPMorgan’s ESG EMBI index.