Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin says he still commands majority support and will prove it by facing a motion of confidence in Parliament next month.
2. Malaysia reports a record 19,819 new Covid-19 cases today, while fresh fatalities also hit a new high of 257.
3. Analysts expect British American Tobacco (Malaysia)'s profitability in 3Q21 to take a hit from the implementation of the full movement control order.
4. Lay Hong cautions that record high prices of soybean meal and corn may affect its profitability in the coming years.
5. Dhaya Maju LTAT is contemplating cross-examining Transport Minister Datuk Seri Dr Wee Ka Siong in a judicial review against the government.