Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Malaysia’s jobless rate rises for the first time in four months to 4.8% in June amid the implementation of the FMCO.
2. Genting and Genting Malaysia's share prices jump as investors cheer the easing of restrictions for fully vaccinated people.
3. DNeX’s subsidiary acquires the remaining 50% stake in the Avalon oilfield from Sumitomo’s unit for US$17 million.
4. Creador enters India’s quick-service restaurant sector with a US$73 million investment in Sapphire Foods.
5. MyCC imposes penalties totalling RM1.04 million against seven warehouse operators for price-fixing offences.