Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin resigns as Malaysia’s eighth Prime Minister as he has lost the majority support in Parliament.
2. Fitch Solutions revises Malaysia’s 2021 gross domestic product growth to 0% from its earlier estimate of 4.9%.
3. The EPF appears to have stepped up its Genting Plantations share borrowing to up its stake in the company to about 14%.
4. FGV Holdings inks a collaboration to explore investment in an integrated dairy farm business in Perlis.
5. The Singapore government awards funding to a consortium that includes Yinson to develop and commercialise an electric cargo vessel.