Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Genting Malaysia’s FY21 core net loss is seen widening by 52% with Resorts World Genting expected to reopen only in November.
2. DRB-Hicom books a net loss of RM217.5 million in 2QFY21, as the lockdown drags its automotive and services divisions.
3. Analysts see sentiment in the capital markets staying weak following the resignation of Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin as prime minister.
4. Malaysia will reach ageing nation status earlier than expected if the Covid-19 pandemic continues for the long term.
5. Riza Aziz Abdul Aziz, Red Granite Pictures and two others have yet to appoint lawyers to represent them in a lawsuit filed by 1MDB.