Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Malaysia’s new Covid-19 infections climb back up to 21,176, while new fatalities come in at 341, taking the death toll closer to the 20,000 mark.
2. SLP Resources temporarily halts its plant operations in Kulim, Kedah after Covid-19 cases were detected among its workers.
3. Malaysia’s Industrial Production Index falls 5.2% year-on-year in July, marking its first decline in eight months.
4. Bursa Malaysia weighs in after Sanichi Technology's announcement on a major shareholder cessation that came after more than three months.
5. Bank Negara Malaysia revokes the approval granted to Zimbabwe's Metbank to operate a representative office in Malaysia.