Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. AirAsia X sees its shares fall after proposing to pay just 0.5% of debt owed to each of its creditors.
2. The Kuala Lumpur High Court issues an arrest warrant against Transmile Group founder and former CEO Gan Boon Aun.
3. Petronas and Mercedes come out to deny a report saying that the two F1 partners will part ways in 2022.
4. Malaysia reports 5,434 new Covid-19 cases, the lowest daily figure since June 28 when 5,218 infections were recorded.
5. Bursa Malaysia finishes higher on continued buying interest in heavyweights led by CIMB Group, Hartalega and Public Bank.