KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 25): theedgemarkets.com highlighted three stocks with positive momentum and six stocks with negative momentum at Bursa Malaysia's afternoon close on Friday (Nov 25).
The stocks with positive momentum were:
- Pan Malaysia Holdings Bhd — down one sen or 13.64% at nine sen
- RCE Capital Bhd — up three sen or 1.60% at RM1.90
- Sealink International Bhd — unchanged at 11 sen
The stocks with negative momentum were:
- Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd — up 25 sen or 4.07% at RM6.39
- CCK Consolidated Holdings Bhd — up five sen or 8.80% at 68 sen
- Fajarbaru Builder Group Bhd — up 0.5 sen or 1.72% at 29 sen
- Hong Leong Industries Bhd (HLIB) — up 16 sen or 1.74% at RM9.38
- Icon Offshore Bhd — up one sen or 10.34% at 16 sen
- Zelan Bhd — unchanged at six sen
The list of stocks with momentum is generated using a proprietary mathematical algorithm highlighting stocks with a build-up in trading volume and price. The algorithm differentiates between stocks that exhibit positive (+ve) momentum and negative (-ve) momentum.
This list is not a buy or sell recommendation. It merely tells you which stocks are seeing higher than normal volume and price movements.
The share price may move up or down from this point. But the “+ve” (suggesting a rising price trend on volume) and “-ve” (suggesting a falling price trend on volume) indicators should give readers a better idea of what the market is buying and when to sell. Note also that momentum generally only persists for a short period of time.
However, each stock has an accompanying fundamental score and valuation score to help readers evaluate the attractiveness of the stocks, if they want to ride the momentum.