KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 27): Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB), who was among five parties sued RM100 million by a passenger last month, said that the individual has discontinued his suit.
The individual, Paul Raj Samy Raj, had filed a civil suit seeking RM100.05 million on Aug 24, after being prohibited from boarding a flight due to inadequate travel documents.
MAHB had applied to strike out the civil suit on Sept 24. In a bourse filing on Monday, the airport operator said the plaintiff has since “discontinued the entirety of his civil suit in the sum of RM100.05 million against the company without liberty to file afresh”.
The civil suit by Paul Raj entailed special damages amounting to RM6,697.25, general and punitive damages of RM100 million, as well as court and solicitor’s fees of RM40,000 with interest.
MAHB said at the time that there are no merits in the claim, and that it had a good prospect of defending and dismissing the claim.
Shares of MAHB closed up 15 sen or 2.21% at RM6.95 today, valuing the group at RM11.53 billion.