Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Ex-PNB boss Abdul Jalil Abdul Rasheed is the new CEO of Berjaya Corp, marking the first time the position is held by a non-member of the Tan family.
2. The World Bank says Malaysia will become a high-income nation by 2024-2028, but needs structural reforms to move forward.
3. Top Glove is charged for failing to provide workers’ lodgings that meet the minimum standards of housing and amenities.
4. Melaka-based property developer Teladan Setia Group makes a commendable debut on Bursa’s ACE Market with a 25% premium.
5. The Ministry of Finance is undertaking a study on how to widen Malaysia’s revenue base, including reinstating the GST.