Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Albukhary offers to take MMC Corp private via a selective capital reduction for RM2.94 billion.
2. Malaysia’s death toll from Covid-19 breaches the 3,000 mark as new daily infections jump to 8,209.
3. Tycoons on the 2021 Forbes Malaysia Rich List see a rebound in their collective wealth after a two-year decline.
4. Putrajaya receives RM336 million from audit firm Deloitte as part of a settlement deal linked to the 1MDB fiasco.
5. Wan Zulkiflee’s ExxonMobil director position appears to be in limbo just four months after his appointment.