KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 21): COVIDNOW data showed that hospital admissions in the Klang Valley and Sarawak increased over the last seven days, Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin highlighted on Thursday (Oct 21) in a tweet.
“Our analysis and surveillance will be ramped up,” he added.
Data showed that the past seven-day average trend of hospital admissions in Selangor increased to 365 on Wednesday (Oct 20) from 280 on Oct 13.
In Kuala Lumpur, it was up to 26 from 23 for the same period.
In total, the seven-day average of hospital admissions in the Klang Valley rose to 412 on Oct 20 from 323 on Oct 13.
As for Sarawak, the seven-day average data trend showed that hospital admissions increased to 442 on Oct 20 from 371 on Oct 13.
Overall for Malaysia, the seven-day average of hospital admissions was on a downtrend to 1,589 on Oct 20 from 1,615 on Oct 13.
Zero- to 11-year-olds second highest segment of Covid-19 cases in past two weeks
While the hospitalisation data did not break down the categories in terms of age, COVIDNOW data showed that children in the zero to 11 age group was the second highest group in terms of Covid-19 cases at 18% of total cases in the past two weeks, behind the 18 to 59 age group that formed 62.8% of total cases.
The 60+ age segment stood at 12.2%, while the lowest was the teen segment (12 to 17 years old) at 7%.
Malaysia reported 5,516 new Covid-19 cases on Wednesday (Oct 20), down from 5,745 infections the day before, according to Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.
Data showed that 102 or 1.8% of the latest cases were in Category 3, 4 or 5 that required hospitalisation, while the remaining 5,414 infections or 98.2% were in Category 1 or 2.
Wednesday was the third straight day the country's daily Covid-19 cases stayed below the 6,000 level.